Milford, Michigan DWI and OWI Defense Attorney
Defense for serious drunk driving charges
Operating or driving a vehicle while intoxicated (OWI or DWI) are serious crimes in Michigan. OWI and DWI charges are not like traffic violations. They are misdemeanor or even felony crimes, with convictions potentially resulting in the loss of your license, fines and even imprisonment. Michigan defense lawyers experienced with handling OWI and DWI charges know how to provide a full legal defense. Milford DWI and OWI attorney Bryan Bolling can provide the skilled defense needed to help ensure the best outcome for your case.
You can face charges without driving under the influence
All Michigan drivers should read What Every Driver Should Know, available online from the Michigan Secretary of State. This helpful publication states that operating a vehicle with blood alcohol content (BAC) at or above 0.08 percent results in serious penalties. But most people do not realize the full extent of the laws. You can face charges for any of the following activities:
- Operating a vehicle while visibly impaired by any substance, including certain prescribed medications
- Driving with any amount of a Schedule 1 drug in your body
- Driving with a BAC as low as 0.02 percent if under age 21
- Transporting closed bottles of alcoholic beverages or being caught in a parked vehicle with alcohol if under age 21 unless an adult is present
And while you do not have to agree to take a field sobriety test, refusing to take a blood alcohol test immediately results in license suspension, regardless of what the test outcome might be.
The effective defense you need
In spite of tough Michigan laws and requirements, OWI and DWI defense lawyer Bryan Bolling has the experience needed to effectively defend his clients. He has the skills to refute the evidence in a number of ways, including the following:
- Proving testing equipment lacked proper calibration or had defects
- Showing inexperience and errors by officers conducting the tests
- Identifying medical conditions of the defendant — such as gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD), which can create false positive readings in Breathalyzer tests
Only attorneys with extensive experience in this area have the full range of skills needed to defend against seemingly irrefutable evidence. Attorney Bryan Bolling has the experience you need to fight your drunk driving charges.
Contact an experienced Michigan DWI and OWI defense lawyer in Milford
If police place you under arrest and take you into custody on OWI or DWI charges, invoke your Miranda right to remain silent and call a defense lawyer to represent you throughout the legal process. The Bolling Law Group understands unique circumstances involved in OWI and DWI charges, and knows the available options for achieving the best possible results in these challenging cases. Call our firm at (248) 505-2737 or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation to obtain the immediate legal support you need.